Sunday, May 22, 2011

The privilege of motherhood

I was just about to settle down to sleep. had just hoped into a nice cosy bed, when the air was getting pretty chilly in the house... and then I heard it. The gentle waaah....waaah... of Ella-Rose. Sometimes that makes me feel so tired, if I've been woken, but tonight I just didn't want to get out of the nice warm cozy bed. But I thought back to the clip I watched recently (see below) about a mother who volunteered in an orphanage in Romania. She spoke about these many young babies and children with no-one to hold them and cuddle them at night when they cry... and it made me think I am so blessed to be able to get out of my warm bed to feed my baby. I am so blessed to have a warm bed, and warm beds for my children. That we have a roof over our heads and delicious food in our tummies. The daily rituals of being a mother may sometimes feel tedious, but when our work is building testimony and character, the leaders of tomorrow and an eternal family... when I see it how God sees it, then I am reminded of what a privilege motherhood really is.

Now I am back to bed so 2nd time lucky!

No comments: